What is a global citizen?
A global citizen:
- understands Stewardship and Carrying Capacity – we only have one planet and we need to take care of it for the sake of future generations
- appreciates Interdependence - our lives are inextricably bound up with everyone else on the planet, through the air we breathe, the food we eat – in this globalised society we need to understand more about our impact on one another
- is concerned about Justice and equity – these are local as well as global concern
- celebrates diversity while understanding that we share more similarities than differences
- has rights but knows they bring responsibilities
- is prepared to take action, however small, to bring change to make the world a fairer place– whether it’s what’s happening in our school, neighbourhood or the wider world
A global approach encourages critical thinking.
To find out more about this global approach take a look at the Highland One World Group website